This is by no means a comprehensive list of resources on the internet or in the library, and you may use these resources for their own information and education. Always check with your care provider for your pregnancy concerns. Doula for Birth is not responsible for the external content of the websites. Please feel free to visit any of the links listed below, all links are in bold.
DONA International is the largest Doula organization in the US & International.
The Birth FACTS website contains free handouts regarding issues in childbirth and pregnancy to support women in making decisions for the birth they desire. Topics include:
- Listening to Mothers III
- Birth Options List
- Sample Low Intervention Hospital Birth Plan
- Informed Consent
- Informed Consent Roleplay ~ for birth professionals to use with students/clients
- Relaxation & Doula Support
- Choosing Your Care Provider & Birth Location
- Making Milk Is Easy (long)
- Making Milk Is Easy (pdf)
- Benefits of Skin-to-Skin Contact
- Six Reasons to be Skin to Skin with Baby after Birth
- VBAC Facts
- Improving Birth
- Lamaze for Parents
- Push for Your Baby
- Let’s Talk Induction
- Cesarean Surgery
Healthy Birth Practices
- Let Labor Begin On Its Own
- Change Positions During Labor
- Bring Loved One, Friend, or Doula for Continuous Support
- Avoid Interventions that are not Medically Necessary
- Avoid Giving Birth on Your Back and Following Your Body’s Urges to Push
- Keep Mother and Baby Together; It’s Best for Mother, Baby, and Breastfeeding
La Leche League International helps mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
International Lactation Consultant Association, A worldwide network of lactation professionals.
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine is dedicated to the promotion, protection and
support of breastfeeding and human lactation.
International Baby Food Action Network consists of public interest groups working around the world to reduce infant and young child morbidity and mortality.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Topic: Breastfeeding
Kelly Mom is an independent website with information on breastfeeding & parenting.
Nursing Mothers Counsel. NMC is a non-affiliated, non-profit organization whose goal is to help mothers and their babies enjoy a relaxed and happy feeding relationship
American Academy of Pediatrics
Car Seat Safety:
Link through the Children’s Hospital of St. Francis, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Mothers of Multiples Group. If you have multiples, or are expecting multiples, we are the place for you!